Sunday, February 15, 2015


The Start of Chemo


"And whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the son.  You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it."  - John  14:13-14


Chemo.  I'm learning how foreign of a concept it really is.  Most people know that people undergoing chemotherapy will more than likely feel "sick", lose their hair, and become extremely tired.  While for the most part, this is all true. But for everyone, it's so different.  The process of chemo is rather strange as well.  

I've had a lot of people ask me what it's like to get chemo, how long are the treatments, and how do I feel?  While I cannot answer for everyone, as chemo treatments all range in time, type, and side effects based on your diagnosis, I can give you an inside view of what's it been like for me.  

I have started receiving treatments every two weeks and I've completed the first three of four rounds of chemo and then will move to different drugs that will be administered once every week for 12 weeks total.  These first rounds have been fairly rough, but the doctors say I am handling the side effects extremely well.  My blood work has been coming back 100% normal and once the drugs are "out" of my system I feel completely normal as well.   My energy returns and the side effects dissipate.   

My first round wasn't too bad.  I became extremely tired for two solid days, food tasted weird, eating was extremely difficult, I felt ill but I never became ill, and my brain felt "fuzzy".  This lasted for around 5-6 days, and on day 7 I felt completely "normal" again.  The second round wasn't as "easy" as the first round.  I was extremely tired, my head felt like there was a million blisters from my dying hair follicles, my stomach hurt (not just nauseous), and my entire body hurt from the white blood cell booster shot.  I finally buzzed my head as it helped ease the pain from my swollen hair follicles, and then once my hair started falling out in handfuls, I shaved it off.  Now I have a nice shinny head  - it's so soft and smooth. :) 

Round three, by this point it's a mental struggle to check yourself in knowing that the drugs you're about to get are going to cause you to feel miserable for the next week.  My day usually starts around 7:00 am when I arrive at the hospital.  First, it's blood work, then a check-in with the oncologist.  After that you walk yourself into the chemo room where there is about 60 chairs in a giant room, each with their own IV machine.  I get a giant bag of saline pumped in me to help me stay hydrated, two bags of anti-nausea drugs, two tubes of red chemo drugs (I have to suck on ice while these are administered to help keep my mouth from peeling and blistering from the drugs), then after that I get one more clear bag of another chemo drug. I finally finish around 2:00 pm.

I typically leave treatments feeling pretty normal for the rest of the day and the day following until I get my nuelasta shot (the white blood cell booster shot). After that the body aches begin, my head feels fuzzy, my energy drained, appetite gone, stomach is upset, hot flashes as my ovaries are beginning to die, blurred vision from the steroids, headaches, and other things.  It's not as bad as it seems, and yet it's worse than it seems all at the same time.

The thing I miss the most though are my nose hairs.  You don't realize why God gave those suckers to you until their gone, and my nose hasn't stopped running for the last five weeks.  In all of this though, I've still been able to continue to work.  The Lord blessed me with a job that has flexible working hours, and for this I am so grateful.  Charlie and I have continued to be blessed with friends and family that remain helpful in so many ways.  I say this every time, but everyone has been amazing and we couldn't do this without them!  So thank you!!!!!

Through all of this though, my heart has been softened again. Me heart had grown cold from an old job, life events, and other things.   But the goodness that has been poured  out by so many people, people we don't even know, makes you believe there really is more good in the world than evil some times.  We have been so blessed, it's nearly impossible to be depressed or down about any of this.  :) 

What you can do: 
  • Please continue to pray that the side effects are minimal, specifically that my eyes remain un- effected from the steroids.  My vision is extremely important to me.  
  • For my mental and spiritual strength.  Keep these strong during the long and difficult moments.
  • And for a blessing in the hundreds of people who have reached out and helped Charlie and I during this process.  They are all unbelievable!










15 comments:

  1. Megan thank you for sharing the intimate details of your journey. You are an inspiration to many people. You are loved by me and by our whole C-U at Home team. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i want to tell you my testimony of how i was cured of CANCER by Dr. OSE
      i had been affected by this illness for the past 3 years and i had been up
      to many hospitals and clinics i even tried a surgical procedure but it
      yielded no results so i heard of DR OSE from friend who has been
      helped by him and i decided to try him out although i was afraid of
      scam but i know all men are not the same and i tried his herbal medicine
      to my greatest surprise he was able to cure me within 2 weeks and then
      i had my health back and i want to refer you to him through this contacts
      PHONE NUMBER: +2348144885194
      EMAIL ADDRESS: dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail.com
      and then he also has medicine
      for the following illnesses
      *HIV1/2
      *SYPHILIS
      *LOW SPERM COUNT
      *STROKE
      *CANCER

      Delete
  2. Stay strong Megan you've got this!🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, your attitude, faith, and strength amaze me. Your entries always remind me that God uses believers to encourage, inspire, and move others. Prayers are up for you and your family, specifically for your vision to be unaffected and other side effects to be minimal. On a lighter note, I will no longer take my nose hair for granted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, I am so sorry to know you are ill! I
    can understand the path you are on. You are strong and very brave. You belong to an even bigger "C" and that is Christ. Please take care! You are now moved up to the top of my prayer list! Please let me know how you are doing. Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill it's so good to hear from you! Thank you for your kind words! I hope you're doing well and hopefully I can see you some time in the near future!

      Delete
  5. Please rest assured you have been added to our prayer list here in Florida. We are friends of Charlie's grandparents, and your courage and faith is inspiring to us. In reading your blog the 23rd Psalm comes to mind " Yea though I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil for thou are with me, thy rod and thy staff comfort me". Thank you for being you............ Bill & Sheryl Behrens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill and Sheryl! I appreciate your prayers and your kind message!!

      Delete
  6. You are such a light in this world!! I am inspired by your strength and faith!! I empathize with your struggles!! You are an absolute rockstar and always have been!! God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers!! Hang in there!! Love you Meg!!!

    ReplyDelete

  7. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067393105 for the cure, he will help you out
    with the problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to tell you my testimony of how i was cured of CANCER by Dr. OSE
    i had been affected by this illness for the past 3 years and i had been up
    to many hospitals and clinics i even tried a surgical procedure but it
    yielded no results so i heard of DR OSE from friend who has been
    helped by him and i decided to try him out although i was afraid of
    scam but i know all men are not the same and i tried his herbal medicine
    to my greatest surprise he was able to cure me within 2 weeks and then
    i had my health back and i want to refer you to him through this contacts
    PHONE NUMBER: +2348144885194
    EMAIL ADDRESS: dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail.com
    and then he also has medicine
    for the following illnesses
    *HIV1/2
    *SYPHILIS
    *LOW SPERM COUNT
    *STROKE
    *CANCER

    ReplyDelete

  9. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because i have been scammed so many times not until i came across this great man dr akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because i have been infected with HIV Disease for the past two year,just last 2months I keep reading the testimony about this man named dr akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitor the post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so i decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all i needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via dhl service which i did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions on how to use it that after three weeks i should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks i went back to the hospital for another test, at first i was shocked when the doctor told me that i was negative i ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that i was now free from HIV Disease at of the shock i decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV Disease the cure as finally come' stop doubting and contact dr akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also wattssap him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,INFERTILITY;ALS,ANCE PIMPUS,LUPUS VIRUS ,SYPHILLIS, PENIS AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, LOW SPERM COUNT, MENINGITIES AND HEPATITIES B[HBV] DISEASES. believe me that deadly disease is not a deadly sentence becauase dr akhigbe has the cure.

    ReplyDelete

  10. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because i have been scammed so many times not until i came across this great man dr akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because i have been infected with HIV Disease for the past two year,just last 2months I keep reading the testimony about this man named dr akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitor the post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so i decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all i needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via dhl service which i did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions on how to use it that after three weeks i should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks i went back to the hospital for another test, at first i was shocked when the doctor told me that i was negative i ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that i was now free from HIV Disease at of the shock i decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV Disease the cure as finally come' stop doubting and contact dr akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also wattssap him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,INFERTILITY;ALS,ANCE PIMPUS,LUPUS VIRUS ,SYPHILLIS, PENIS AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, LOW SPERM COUNT, MENINGITIES AND HEPATITIES B[HBV] DISEASES. believe me that deadly disease is not a deadly sentence becauase dr akhigbe has the cure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. Dr Ogudugu his the best spell caster around to solve any problem for you.
    {1} HIV/AIDS
    {2CANCER
    {3}HERPES
    {4}DIABETES
    (5}HERPERTITIS B

    Email: GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM
    Call/WhatsApp:+27663492930

    ReplyDelete